ILLIES and Rieter are working hand in hand to support Vietnamese customers
ILLIES VIETNAM is opening a repair center for electronic and mechanical parts of Rieter machines. Both companies are working hand in hand to cover efficient local after-sales service for the short-staple fiber spinning system of the Swiss supplier and to support Vietnamese customers in their challenges. With their cooperation, Rieter and ILLIES are reacting to the promising market prospects and increasing investment momentum in the cotton processing sector of Vietnam's textile and apparel industry.
2018 was a very successful year for Vietnam's textile and apparel industry. The country's total exports in this sector hit 36.2 billion dollars, making it the third largest exporting nation directly after China and India, most especially, cotton processing is becoming increasingly important. Since 2013, Vietnam has recorded a strong growth and investment momentum in this sector. These are promising market prospects for the cooperation of ILLIES VIETNAM and the Swiss company Rieter, whose systems for short-staple fiber spinning have recently completed ILLIES' service portfolio for the spinning industry of the Vietnamese textile market.
Due to the extensive machine imports, ILLIES and Rieter are working hand in hand to cover efficient local after-sales services, which will certainly be required to support Vietnamese customers in their challenges. On April 08th 2019 the repair center for electronic and mechanical parts of Rieter machines was opened.
"In recent years, over one billion dollars have been invested in machinery and equipment for short-staple fibre spinning. These immense imports must be accompanied by an efficient after-sales service. The new repair center enables us to guarantee this for Rieter systems."
Christoph Peters ‒ Senior Vice President and General Director of ILLIES VIETNAM
Official opening of the extended service for Rieter systems with a festive reception
For the official opening of the extended service for Rieter systems, ILLIES and Rieter welcomed numerous customers from the Vietnamese textile industry with a festive reception. Through the repair facility, ILLIES ensures an effective service and contributes to the sustainable success of Rieter in the Vietnamese market. At the same time, the local customers are guaranteed a trouble-free operation of their machines. Benefits that Gerald Steiner, Area Sales Manager South East Asia of Rieter, emphasizes in his opening speech:
"This service platform for our esteemed customers is just a logical and necessary step in strengthening our services in the Vietnamese market. Based on the local and foreign investment that took place over the last years this is one of the fastest growing markets in the world…These services and our team of experts are at your full disposal and will provide additional value for running your spinning mill."
Gerald Steiner ‒ Area Sales Manager South East Asia, Rieter Machine Works Ltd.
ILLIES and Rieter: A cooperation that contributes significantly to the customer’s success and competitiveness
Through a global network of electronic and mechanical service centers, Rieter offers its customers quick, on-the-spot electronic, mechanical repairs and preventive services. With the new repair service center in Ho Chi Minh City the cooperation of ILLIES and Rieter contributes significantly to the customer’s success and competitiveness offering:
- On-the-spot service with accumulated expertise and competence provided by ILLES team of electronic and mechanical engineers, who are continuously guided by Rieter
- Preventive services on electronic and mechanical equipment that lower the probability of a breakdown, increase the product service life and optimizes the production of quality yarn
- Nearby electronic experts react quickly, avoid a costly shutdown and contribute to a smoothly operating spinning mill
- Know-how from the Rieter electronic service network is used to maintain the performance of the machine as it detects critical electronic component which may then be replaced before age-related faults occur
- Tailor-made preventive services according to a defined time plan, including cleaning, calibration, inspections, retrofits and specific tests to extend the operating length of the entire plant
- ILLIES is offering with the local stock for Rieter parts an efficient, additional decisive benefit to the customers. The availability of a local spare parts stock, close to customers' premises, is also extremely important in order to prevent production stoppages
A cooperation with great future prospects
Yarn products manufactured on Rieter machines are mainly used in circular-knitted or woven products. In the coming years, further capacities will be installed in these domains. Additionally, there is an emerging trend towards automation. At present, semi-automated operations still dominate the manufacturing processes that Rieter supplies with semi-automated machines. With its fully automatic rotor systems, Rieter is able to meet the future demand for an increasing degree of automation. Signalizing great future prospects for the cooperation between ILLIES and Rieter.