Themed “Innovating the World of Textiles” and focused on sourcing for a sustainable future, the upcoming ITMA will be held in June 20 to 26, 2019 at Fira De Barcelona, Gran Via in Barcelona. The ILLIES team of textile specialists will be available on site for all our valued partners and customers.
ITMA Barcelona is the trendsetting and the world’s largest international textile and garment technology exhibition. Presenting technological innovation and featuring a wide range of technologies, machinery, equipment and solutions as well as global insights, trends and issues for the textile and garment industry. With the following record numbers, the exhibition will again set standards:
- 120,000 Visitors expected
- 1,600 Exhibitors
- Showcase of 220,000sqm
- Global Insights, trends and issues
ILLIES will accompany and support our textile technology partners. Discover ITMA Barcelona with ILLIES and its leading Textile Technology Partners:
Come with ILLIES to ITMA Barcelona, June 20 - 26, 2019.
The ILLIES team of textile specialists will be onsite for you!
Contact us at itma-textileilliescom to arrange an appointment. We look forward to seeing you at ITMA!
Find below a selection of highlights from our textile technology partners at the ITMA Barcelona 2019:
KARL MAYER, HALL 8.0, BOOTH B107
Focused on sustainability KARL MAYER will be presenting state-of-the-art technology and best-of-textile solutions for warp knitting, warp preparation and technical textiles as well as new digital products of KM.ON. Under the motto "Future of Textiles", the German manufacturer will present smart textile solutions for new, exciting applications and markets. Highlights of the Karl Mayer showcase at the ITMA Barcelona will be:
- A new highly productive and uniquely flexible raschel machine – RSJ 4/1 EL – will be premiered, at same speed offering 50% more working width than its predecessor.
- For the apparel market and the intimate sector especially an OJ 91/1 B from LACE.EXPRESS OJ Series with a self-contained, complete 134" machine platform will be on the show.
- The double raschel technology and the new 4D-KNIT.SOLUTIONS will be demonstrated live on the RDPJ 6/2 EL, 138ʺ, in gauge E-24.
- The new tricot machine HKS 3-M-ON will demonstrate its flexibility on 180ʺ, in E-28. It is the first three-bar HKS model with electronic guide bar control and secure data exchange facilitates and accelerates pattern change. The machine is able to process resource-saving yarns and will work a textile article carrying the new SINFINECO label completely made from a recycled filament yarn on the basis of bottle flakes.
Warp preparation sector
- For producing sample and short production warps the new MULTI-MATIC® 32 will be exhibited. Its extra eight pattern yarns increase performance by 1/3.
- Direct beamer PRODIRECT equipped with KAMCOS 2 will be unveiled.
- A presentation of the prototype of the new yarn tensioner MULTIGUARD will be held.
- Live broadcast from the Karl Mayer site in Hausen, Germany, will show the sectional warping machine PROWARP. It is equipped with the new and self-learning quality control system PROACTIVE Warping.
- On show will be the new LINK-MATIC for the automatic knotting of the batches on the PRODYE-S indigo machine and the PROZISE sizing machine, offering almost continuous production.
Composite machine and innovative technical applications
KARL MAYER Technische Textilien GmbH is continuing to develop into a systems supplier also for non-crimped fabrics (NCFs) and is launching a new line for producing thermoplastic unidirectional tapes (UD tapes).
Application Show Future of Textiles
In the "Future of Textiles" area, the visitors will have the opportunity to see future applications for the textiles manufactured on the machines made by KARL MAYER. The following applications will be displayed:
- 4D-KNIT.SOLUTIONS articles
- Sustainable denim
- Concrete components reinforced with carbon or glass fibre NCFs
- New bulletproof vest made from an aramid NCF
- Structural component for the automobile sector
- CLEANER.PRODUCTIONS selection of sustainable warp-knits and application concepts and TERRY.ECO terry textiles
THIES, HALL 2, BOOTH B108
The Westphalian family company Thies GmbH & CO. KG concentrates on sustainable product solutions and focuses on the development of innovative, intelligent and integrated concepts for yarn and fabric dyeing. Under the motto "Be the change" the German manufacturer will present following product highlights:
- The yarn dyeing machine iCone, which is ideal for bleaching and dyeing fibres in different forms like packages, warp beams, combed tops or flock. With the help of modern flow analysis tools, the pipe systems, the pumps and their impellers have been optimized, reducing pressure losses and power consumption. The iCone offers the ability to dye in a traditional manner by using reciprocating liquor circulation. However, it can also be operated with one flow direction and an ultra-short liquor ratio starting at 1: 3.6. On customer request, the iCone machines can be designed for the operation with existing material carriers and correspondingly for the adaption to existing dryers.
- Responding to customer suggestions the latest version of the iMaster H2O, the iMaster mini, now incorporates various new detail improvements. The iMaster mini is a fully-equipped version of the iMaster H2O with a loading capacity of 20-80 kg for small production runs and laboratory work. The main advantage is to operate the iMaster mini with the same (parameter) settings as the iMaster H2O production machine. The earlier testing and optimization phase using the iMaster mini has shown that new kinds of fabrics, recipes and processes can be incorporated in the production sequence more effectively and more cost-efficiently.
- The soft-TRD SIII combines perfect fabric running properties with the latest short liquor ratio technology. With liquor ratios starting at 1:5, a variety of sensitive fabrics can be treated gently. The soft-TRD SIII is ideal for finishing polyester fabrics due to the high-performance (kier) temperature regulation.
- Thies will present Dosing- and dispensing systems For reducing error rates and increasing reproducibility, the automation of the chemical and auxiliaries supply is mandatory. The MPS product family offers a complete solution for fully automated supply of a finishing plant with chemicals, dyes and auxiliaries.
- Thies will also be presenting the latest version of its Maintenance Manager, laying the foundation for prospective machine learning. The software schedules, executes and controls all maintenance and servicing works.
OERLIKON SEGMENT MANMADE FIBERS, HALL H7, BOOTH A101
The Oerlikon Manmade Fibers Segment will show its vision of a sustainable and automated manmade fiber production in a virtual 4D showroom. Under the slogan "Clean Technology. Smart Factory." the manufacturer will present four world premieres:
- The machine and system concepts of WINGS FDY PA6, BCF S8 Tricolor and the revolutionary eAFK Evo texturing machine. With these technologies, Oerlikon supplies niche as well as volume market business models with all solutions from one single source.
- Oerlikon will be showing the interaction of automation and digitization, Self-learning machines and systems, artificial intelligence (AI), remote services and edge computing.
- DIN ISO certified manufacturing process, guaranteeing fibers and yarns of highest demand and traceability throughout the whole textile value chain.
- Sustainable production and the recycling of polyester: With the VacuFil® Oerlikon in cooperation with the subsidiary company BBEngineering presents a recycling solution within a running polyester production with a waste-free approach.
ITEMA S.p.A., HALL 4, BOOTH A101, C101, C106
Itema is a leading global provider of advanced weaving solutions, including best-in-class weaving machines, spare parts and integrated services. The Company is the only manufacturer in the world to provide the top three weft insertion technologies: rapier, air jet and projectile, with an ample product portfolio and a commitment to continuous innovation and technological advancement of its weaving machines. The Company is also unique in its sector with two R&D units, of which one – ItemaLab – is dedicated entirely to breakthrough innovations and the development of the "loom of the future".
Itema Group will feature 3 stands and 11 weaving machines at ITMA Barcelona. The company will exhibit several innovations and bestseller from its current portfolio as well as new entries. Some of these are:
- "The Loom of the Future" – a weaving machine on display at the Itema booth, which should be a big surprise. This Itema Discovery machine totally redefines the weaving foundation by basing its operations on mechatronic principles unlike the existing weaving machines, which are on mechanical drives. The weft insertion system is innovative and extraordinary. The so called "Flying Shuttle" ensures rapier versatility, projectile reliability and airjet ease of use, thus leading to the lowest possible cost of ownership.
- The denim dedicated rapier R95002denim, which has become a big market success since it was first launched in 2018. The exhibited machine at ITMA will be equipped with iSAVER – the Itemalab latest mechatronic marvel which eliminates the weft and warp waste on the left-hand side of the fabric. This innovation guaranties sustainable weaving and significant money saving. Further, the new substantial improvements iBOOSTER and the iCARE for even better machine performances such as the optimized weft transfer, will be also showcased at ITMA.
- The launch of the second generation of Itema’s airjet model, the A95002, comes now to the market further maximized and running even faster, presenting at the trade show the weaving of an apparel style.
- The new entry in the portfolio of Itema is the A95002bedsheeting. The developing of this airjet machine was specifically customized according to the bed sheeting weaver’s requirements. New key machine components such as the main and tandem nozzles have been redesigned along with the whole pneumatic platform to ensure superior performances in terms of speed coupled with superior fabric quality and textile efficiency.
- Another important launch and a core advancement featured on the A95002 and A95002bedsheeting are the new heald frames, SKYFRAME, made of aluminium and carbon and designed by Itema-lab in cooperation with Lamiflex. The SKYFRAME, Itema’s exclusive proprietary technology, redefines the performances of the current heald frames available in the market. Thanks to its extraordinary lightness and sturdiness, SKYFRAME allows the machine to run at the highest speeds without compromising on reliability and resistance.
- For the rapier sector Itema will exhibit two R95002, the second generation of their bestseller machines, now optimized in order to reduce power consumption and increase performance. Not to missing here is also the R9500terry, worldwide renowned as the market leader in rapier terry weaving.
(based on several Itema sources)
TERROT GmbH, HALL 8, 8.0, BOOTH A103
Terrot GmbH stands worldwide for quality and top performance in the production of electronic and mechanic controlled circular knitting machines. Quality, a maximum degree of efficiency and a high cost-performance-ratio are always in the foreground. Terrot is known for its modern and innovative technologies. One of the latest innovations is Terrot’s UCC 572-T which features the production of fine gauge transfer fabrics up to E24. The UCC 572-T is Terrot’s flagship in the production of sportswear and enjoys an excellent reputation in the market.
Some of the highlights the company will present at ITMA Barcelona are:
- The I3P 584–34”, an 8-cam knitting machine for all knitting combinations, used in the production of highly elastic interlock knitted fabrics for sportswear, underwear, swimwear, etc.
- The UCC 566 TRE, 34", a double electronic machine, characterized by its pattern possibilities, especially by ejection patterns with transfer. The knitted fabrics can be used in a wide range of applications – from firm knitted fabrics for shoeUppers to outerwear such as pullovers.
- Corizon with interlock machine. The Corizon technology allows highest flexibility in yarn fineness and continuous filament blends. The technology can be used for all single jersey and interlock basic bindings with constant yarn requirements with a wide range from stretch fabrics to outerwear or decorative fabrics.
RIETER AG, HALL 6, BOOTH C201
Rieter is the world’s leading supplier of systems for short-staple fiber spinning. Based in Winterthur (Switzerland), the company develops and manufactures machinery, systems and components used to convert natural and manmade fibers and their blends into yarns. Rieter is the only supplier worldwide to cover spinning preparation processes as well as all four end spinning processes currently established on the market. Furthermore, Rieter is a leader in the field of precision winding machines.
RIETER invites the trade press to an unveiling innovation event at ITMA Barcelona!
Date: Thursday, June 20, 2019
Time: 10:15 am (CEST)
Place: Fira de Barcelona, Gran Via Venue, 6408908 L’Hospitalet de Llobregat,
Rieter booth: Hall 6, booth C 201
CEO Norbert Klapper will unveil innovations.
GRAF + Cie AG, HALL 5, BOOTH D214
The Swiss company Graf, a leading supplier of clothings for flat cards, roller cards and combs for combing machines, will show its wide portfolio of solutions for the spinning and fibre preparation process.
ANDRITZ KUESTERS GmbH, HALL 5, BOOTH B203
Specialist in calendering and finishing processes for the paper, nonwovens and textiles industries. For the nonwovens industry, ANDRITZ Küsters’ core competence lies in wetlaid, wetlace and spunbond technologies, including inclined wire systems, calenders, rolls, and finishing (inline/offline). For the textile industry, the products include calenders and rolls. Andritz will present current and future possibilities in the modern world of nonwovens and textile processing. Some of the highlights are:
- Complex production scenarios made easy for the customer: everything from a single source, including a service offering that leaves nothing to be desired. Using the example of its new wetlaid line for glass fibre composite products, Andritz will demonstrate this impressively to the visitors at ITMA Barcelona.
- Production processes extended by the incredible possibilities of innovative data management for e-catalog or Augmented Reality, which offer a new potential of cost savings and improvement of your production volume.